Nice to Meet you –
German-born, international citizen. Award-winning strategist offering executive advisory, system thinker, #GlobalGoals advocate and renaissance woman with a “tech, business, design & science mindset”.
13+ years of international experience in business strategy, technology innovation, sustainability, ESG/SDG, investing and strategic partnerships. Advisor to senior managers of internationally operating organizations. Industry advisor to investment companies. Advisory Board Member at technology startups. Founder of JUST DAMN RIGHT, a platform for sustainability-led ventures and an international strategy consultancy. Founder of the independent She For Social Impact Awards. Member of the Federal German Association for Artificial Intelligence.
Nadine Bruder’s career began in 2008 – the year when her first strategy work turned Steve Jobs into a fan of her client’s product, and when she turned MAN Trucks & Bus into the first company that publicly acted upon smart and green city living, electronic cars, energy-efficient transportation and autonomous driving as we start to implement only today.
She quickly caught the attention of senior business leaders from internationally operating organizations and has proven to be a catalytic force for growth and innovation. From e.g. strategically informing the development and design of advanced mobile payments solutions, to strategizing partner and corporate innovation programs, creating and launching products and services as well as creating market entry strategies and high profile partnerships, to personally advising senior executives and board members on digital transformation, new value creation and purpose-led leadership.
Her career path changed in 2016 after having set up Germany’s first innovative IT-bootcamp education company in order to address the talent shortage and the gender gap in STEM.
“I’ve noticed that the most needed innovations for us all on this planet – those to fight and adapt to the climate crisis, to secure democracy or to enable quality education and equal opportunities – were either underfunded, mismanaged or not on the radar in the investment industry. So I spent two years studying the United Nations global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and their measurements, connecting with impact investors and family offices worldwide and have been screening sustainability-led innovations and markets.”
The results – in 2018 Nadine Bruder has set up JUST DAMN RIGHT, a platform for sustainability-led ventures and an international consultancy. Two years after in 2020, she launched the independent, not-for-profit She For Social Impact Awards, which honor women across different industries and from different countries for their impact-led work and innovative solutions that foster a sustainable future already today, since gender parity is the strongest lever for achieving the SDGs.
Today, Nadine Bruder is an integrative force for advanced sustainability strategies, business innovation, culture and impact-led investments. She pushes boundaries between professions, industries and continents. Her believe is that sustainability and self-actualization create the greatest opportunities for societies and economies, and that it will become the new defining criteria by which the success of any organization and leader will be measured.
Her industry insights: commerce, lifestlye/ design, fintech/ finance, technology, AI, sustainability innovations.
What Others Say
Metaphorically speaking: Nadine is like a secret weapon.Jascha SteinFounder & CEO, Omnibot
I finally feel empowered to take CSR to another, real strategic level in my company.Senior CSR ManagerConsumer Goods Company
Nadine is clearly ahead of her time and an inspiring leader.Stefan GroschupfFounder and Board Member of Datameer, Founder and CEO of Automationhero
Nadine taught me a truly new perspective about the value that I can create through my work.Senior Manager Sustainable Finance
What amazes me the most is Nadine’s ever humility and gentleness that always makes the team feel comfortable, inspired and motivated.Pebbles LinLearning Design Director at NUNC
In only three months we have achieved with Nadine the things that we have been trying to achieve with several consultancies for the past eight years.CEOIT Consulting Company
- 2007 – Final diploma/master thesis on “Brand Hacking” passed with A+
- 2008 – First strategy work turned Steve Jobs into a fan of my client’s product
- 2008 – Having advised on purpose-led business management already back then, I turned MAN Trucks & Bus into the first company that publicly acted upon smart and green city living, electric cars, energy-efficient transportation and autonomous driving
- 2009 – 11 acclaimed industry awards (2007-2009)
- 2010 – Built strategic foundations for the internationalization of a German technology company and facilitated a collaboration with artistic icon James Turrell
- 2013 – My first mobile app strategy work has been awarded “Best App of the Year” by The Next Web
- 2015 – Facilitated a European partnership for US-headquartered Kickstarter that resulted in a two years long engagement within the EU film industry and to approx. 1.2 Billion total media reach during an acclaimed European film festival each year
- 2016 – I strategized and successfully set up Germany’s first innovative IT-education company that applies a bootcamp approach to address the talent shortage and gender gap in STEM
- 2016-17 – Became ESG/SDG advocate, sustainability-led angel investor and built an international network of impact investors and industry experts
- 2017-18 – Conceptualized and helped execute a corporate innovation program for an international, publicly listed company
- 2018 – I set up JUST DAMN RIGHT
- 2019 – Advised on and executed the first startup award in China for VISA Europe (I also screened all applicants from the FinTech, AI and retail area and selected the nominees)
- 2020 – I launched the first independent, global awards that honor women from different walks of life and countries who address the world’s most pressing issues aka SDGs (Global Sustainable Development Goals of the UN) with advanced and innovative solutions
- 2020 – Launched an exclusive strategic advisory and coaching format for executives and senior leaders as a result of client feedback
What I Believe In
- Strategic thinking, system design and creative problem-solving are key future leadership skills
- In a volatile world your competitor today can be your ally tomorrow
- Holistic sustainability (ESG/SDG) will be the defining measurement for success
- True power means compassion
- Diverse teams are more successful than one-dimensional ones, specifically in crisis situations
- Future challenges can’t be solved with approaches from the past 40 years
- Education, diversity and transparency are key to overcoming the economic and societal challenges that societies around the globe are facing
Talks & Workshops
Speaking at conferences such as SLUSH China 2019, one of China’s largest tech events that attracted more than 15 thousand people, is what I occasionally do. Besides those big events I also talk and give workshops at companies, mainly about:
- Next Economic Revolution: Sustainability & Societal Impact
SLUSH China, Shanghai 2019